The Week That Was | Life Love and Hiccups: The Week That Was
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Friday 20 February 2015

The Week That Was

Pin It


Before I start my usual rambling I just want to send my love to all our friends in NT and Queensland who are currently in the midst of battling or surveying the damage caused Cyclone Marcia. Stay safe you guys, our thoughts are with you.

So this week has been a much better one than last week. A good rest last weekend was exactly what the Dr ordered and I have been focusing on mindfulness as so many of you suggested.

You are totally right - just slowing down and being present even with the most boring crap in a busy day somehow makes them seem less crappy and can be the difference between being pulling your hair out kind of stressed or just calmly working through what needs to be done.



I did discover another little parenting gem this week, and exactly WHY it has taken me 12 years to figure this one out I do not know.

I am forever grounding the kids or banning them form something or other for turdish behaviour. So much so that I often forget who is grounded and who is banned from what.

SO I am taking a new approach from now on. I will ground myself instead of them and send myself to my room for a time out... with a bottle of gin, a block of chocolate, a huge pile of magazines and a whole load of trashy TV.

It works.

It actually works.

Better yet - when the kids realised I wasn't planning on coming out to make them dinner or perhaps ever they suddenly transformed into little angels asking me through the gap at the bottom of the door if I would like them to vacuum the floor or empty the dishwasher.

Holy Shitballs - that does NOT usually happen.

Someone so needs to put that strategy in one of those parenting books.

Mid week I donned the war paint and fancy threads and headed into the city with two of my BFFs for a Nuffnang Dubai event where it was insanely awesome to meet face to face with some gorgeous bloggers I have only ever spoken to online.

The night was totally hilarious - as it always is when I am with these girls.

We started with an obligatory back street selfie sessions before the event and I have to tell you - I freaking love these two for so many reasons, but up there is the fact that Kate and Tessa absolutely tower over me being the stunning glamazons that they are and the short arse that I am, but in every photo we ever take together, they always duck down to make me look taller than what I really am.

Not to mention that Tessa only ever wears flats when we are together.

That is true friendship right there.

We finished the night with an impromptu dance at a park in Surry Hills. As we were walking back to our car we noticed a park full of people with glowing headphones all dancing around in silence.

We were so NOT going to pass up the opportunity to join in and so we donned some headphones and got in there and got grooving ourselves.

FREAKING hilarious and we were laughing so hard we were at risk of peeing our pants. It is now going to be one of those moments that whenever I think about it and no  matter where I am I will forever more break out in the goofiest grin at the memory.

I love those kind of memories.


Speaking of memorable moments -  another ridiculously exciting thing happened this week over on my Facebook page - I had a total fangirl moment when my foodie chef crush commented on one of my posts and began to follow my page.

Curtis Stone. THE totally swoon worthy Curtis Stone. The Curtis Stone who I used to loiter in Coles hoping I would get picked for him to come back to our house and cook us dinner for an episode of Take Home Chef.

Of course I totally blew any skerrick of cool composure (not that I had much to start with) when I saw the Facebook notification come through and I gushed like the Nile or a dedicated One Direction lifer.


Apart from silent dancing, self induced timeouts and fan girl gushing I have spent a lot of time this week faffing around the house playing with washi tape, framing tea towels, accidentally on purpose buying cushions and rearranging furniture when I was supposed to be working.

Ummm it's about balance though right?

I balanced my procrastinations equally among these things so I think we are all good.



One last thing before I say good night ...

I am so freaking honoured to have my name even remotely whispered in Part one of such a courageous story by an incredibly beautiful soul - Sandra. If you or someone you know has been touched by breast cancer - then I urge you to follow along as Sandra Kelly shares her brave journey

Thank you Sandra. I am for once literally lost for words my friend. 


So that is my week - how was yours?
Have you made any accidental purchases this past week?
Ever had a total fan girl moment?
What about random memories that make you laugh out loud in an elevator full of strangers?

Before I go let me introduce our fabulous Weekend Rewind Guest host this week. Not that I think she needs much in the way of introductions because I'm pretty sure most of you will already know the gorgeous Sam from The Annoyed Thyroid.

She is literally one of the most genuine down to earth bloggers with a heart of gold you could ever hope to connect with and if you have not yet had the pleasure of visiting Sam's blog - then get your ass over there right now cause you are in for a treat.



Link up your favourite post from the past week and then if you get a chance, pop around and say hello to some of the other lovely linkers. The Weekend Rewind blog hopping party starts every Friday night at 8pm and links will close on Sunday night at midnight. Link up here or over on Bron's blog (Maxabella Loves)Sonia's blog (Sonia Styling) or Kelly's at A Life Less Frantic.  It does not matter where you link as your link will show up in all 4 places.