Weekend Rewind - And All Together Now... BREATHE | Life Love and Hiccups: Weekend Rewind - And All Together Now... BREATHE
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Friday 30 January 2015

Weekend Rewind - And All Together Now... BREATHE

Pin It

So, I think I may have been a little too enthusiastic about the kids going back to school today.

I'm not sure if they noticed or not, as I tried to contain myself... although the fact that I basically ran to the school gates this morning and practically threw their bags over their fence may have given it away just a wee bit.

After school drop off I met up with my hubby and some girlfriends at a coffee shop and the cafe we chose is located close to our school. I swear - today it did not resemble a suburban cafe. Instead it could have been mistaken for some kind of happy club on Ibiza where everyone is ridiculously happy... if you know what I mean.

It was packed to the rafters with mums and dads who were all laughing and hugging and totally beaming, stopping just short of dancing on the tables. It was fair to say there was a general air of celebratory joy in that cafe this morning and I was happy to be a part of it.

At least two Mums I spoke to started the conversation with "are you sad the holidays are over?" and when I said "Hell NO" you could see the relief on their faces as they realised they too could stop feeling like they needed to pretend they were sad and instead rejoice in the relief completely guilt free.

However, if you were to ask my kids if they were excited about returning to school today - they would have rolled their eyes at you before launching themselves into a woe is me the world is ending kind of production. Such was their level of enthusiasm.




In other exciting news, the new Mother and Baby Magazine came out today and smack me silly and call me Billy, there I was pictured alongside a load of gorgeous blog pals.

Together we make up the new Mother and Baby blogger team and the article was to introduce us to the Mother and Baby readers - a total pinch me is this really happening moment.

L-R: Me, Vegie Smugglers, Mumabulous, The Young Mummy, Be a Fun Mum, Sydney Kids, Food + Travel

L-R: Floyd-Henry Morley, The Imperfect Mum, Operation Move, Raising Master Max, Mama Stylista
I have to be honest and tell you though, when my hubby arrived home from the shops with a copy of the magazine, I opened it with shaking hands. 

You may recall me telling you a few months ago about how utterly awkward I felt at the photo shoot and how I had no idea what to do with my hands? 

Yes? 

No? 

Anyway... the point is I have been kind of freaking out ever since about how the photos were going to turn out. I hate having my photo taken at the best of times, let alone with lights and fancy cameras and hands and arms that have no idea what they are doing.

So I quickly flipped through the pages until I found us and when I did...  well I honestly don't know if I was more excited by the fact that there I was featured alongside such a fabulous team, or that they made me look SO TALL in the picture. 

I mean seriously, in real life I stand about as tall as most of those gorgeous woman's belly buttons and yet there I am looking kind of tallisherish than I really am.

But then... then I couldn't take my eyes of the size of my hips so followed a good 10 minutes of staring at the picture and hating on myself.

Why do we women do that? 

I mean, OK I know not everyone does that, but surely I am not the only one who goes and ruins an exciting moment by being so self critical? 

Am I?

Either way, I have decided that the house is not the only thing getting an overhaul this year. My hips and butt are on the block...  like a see ya later time for you to go kind of chopping block.

Anyhoo, butts and hips aside... 

How has your week been?
Did you have any squids starting little school or high school? 
How did they go? How are YOU?
Did you wave goodbye a little too enthusiastically too?





This week our gorgeous guest host is the absolutely divine Babs from Patchwork Cactus. I adore this gal and her bright and friendly and bubbly blog. Make sure you pop on over and say hello to Babs, and I challenge you not to fall in love with her too!

Link up your favourite post from the past week and then if you get a chance, pop around and say hello to some of the other lovely linkers. The Weekend Rewind blog hopping party starts every Friday night at 8pm and links will close on Sunday night at midnight. Link up here or over on Bron's blog (Maxabella Loves)Sonia's blog (Sonia Styling) or Kelly's at A Life Less Frantic.  It does not matter where you link as your link will show up in all 4 places.