Exploring Dubai in Photos | Life Love and Hiccups: Exploring Dubai in Photos
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Exploring Dubai in Photos

Pin It
dubai getaway dubai tourism platinum heritage shangri-la hotel bloggerati australia 1001 events

Over these past two weeks I have had a chance to go through some of the photos I took whilst I was in Dubai. Now when I say some of the photos, I actually mean all 1634 photos I took.

No bull.

Talk about a snap happy tourist.

Whilst we were only actually in Dubai for 7 days, we sure as hell packed in a lot. Like anywhere major city I guess, there is so much to see and do in Dubai and it could be hard to know where to start. Fortunately for us we had the most incredible guide in Xavier from 1001 Events who together with the fabulous gals from Dubai tourism, had our week totally mapped out for us.

Ive already shared with you, the Sheikh MohammedCentre for Cultural Understanding and Al Bastakiya, the Desert Safari and the hot air ballooning. I even took you on a tour of where I stayed at the Shangri-La. But there was so much more that we did and saw during our week in Dubai, so I thought I would take you on a bit of a photo tour of a few more of the places we explored.

If you ever make it to Dubai for a holiday, or manage to wangle a couple of days for a stopover on route somewhere else, I highly suggest you go to these places, maybe even consider booking a guide to show you around.

First stop (in no particular order) is the stunning Boardwalk Restaurant at Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club at the Dubai Marina.

This marina moors some mighty spectacular yachts, some of which we ogled as we feasted on the most beautifully cooked Mediterranean style seafood I have ever tasted including sea snails.

Holy moly I ate snails and damn they were good.


Technically we didn't go to the iconic Burj Al Arab, but I did stand on the beach in front of it whilst I dipped my toes in the Arabian Sea.

Would you just listen to me oh I just dipped my toes in the Arabian Sea. La de da da lady!

Honestly though, that little dip with the majestic Burj Al Arab rising all 321 metres above the sea as my incredible backdrop this was one of the highlights of the whole trip for me.

Just look at the colour of the sand and the water.

It is heavenly.



High Tea at Raffles was a total surprise as I had no idea we were doing this until we were on the bus and on our way there.

I once sipped on a Singapore Sling at the magnificent Raffles Singapore, so I was keen to see how this opulent hotel would live up to its Asian counterpart.

It sure held its own, thats for sure.

The miniature sandwiches, scones and treats were to die for and mmmm I can still taste that divine foie gras.



 Towering 828 metres above the city, the Burj Khalifa holds the crown as the tallest building in the world.

We travelled up the elevator to the 148th floor for the At the Top Experience which saw us going out onto the worlds highest outdoor observation deck.

The views were both breathtakingly beautiful and terrifying and probably not for the fainthearted.






Speaking of worlds largest structures, right next door to the Burj Khalifa is the worlds largest shopping centre - The Dubai Mall.

Set over 1,114,000 sqm metres, this place not only boasts over 1000 stores, it is also home to the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Kid-Zania an award winning educational theme park AND Sega Republic, an indoor amusement park.

Seriously this place was beyond mind-blowing and I was completely knackered before we had even made it a third of the way around.

Plan a whole day for this place if not a couple of days.





No for reals you can go skiing and build a snowman, ski tube, bob sled and have a hot chocolate or a feast fit for a king in a real chalet all whilst in Dubai.

I kid you not.

Mall of The Emirates is as far as you need to go to experience all of this at Ski Dubai indoor Ski Park. At 3000sqm you guessed it, this place is also the largest indoor snow park in the world and plays host to King penguins that you can totally interact with.

Cute factor of the penguins?

Off the scales people!



Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxury resort overlooking the Arabian Sea. It is also where the Talis Ottoman Spa is, which is oh only the most freaking luxurious spa I have ever seen in my life.

We had breakfast at this beautiful hotel before we visited the spa and believe me when I say this was no ordinary breakfast because I had pure gold on my brioche.

NO BULL!!!!

I officially pooped gold!


Finally one of my favourite Sex and The City moments was wandering through the Gold and Spice Souks and textile souks.

Lord knows how, but on my very first day, totally jet lagged and completely overwhelmed, I somehow managed to negotiate myself an awesome deal on a couple of metres of emerald green silk my mum had requested me to hunt down for her.


OK so I had a little (read a lot) of help from our fabulous guide Xavier but still I did good right mum?

OK so I guess by now you have worked out that being bored in Dubai is pretty much impossible. We saw so much, and yet there was so much we didn't have time to see.

I have one last post I am putting together for you for next week, which answers all of the questions you guys have asked me and gives you a run down on the dos and donts of  going to Dubai.

If you have any more questions about travelling to Dubai, feel free to ask them in the comments below or flick me an email and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Righty Oh, I have to go and back up all of these photos now as they are taking up way too much space on my poor laptop.

Ill leave you with one more photo of this incredible place which I took when we were lunching at the VIDA Downtown.

Oh Dubai, you sure do know how to do luxury.


dubai getaway dubai tourism platinum heritage shangri-la hotel bloggerati australia 1001 events