Weekend Rewind - A Pimple on An Elephant's Butt | Life Love and Hiccups: Weekend Rewind - A Pimple on An Elephant's Butt
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Friday 17 October 2014

Weekend Rewind - A Pimple on An Elephant's Butt

Pin It



Ahhh Friday, how sweet though art!

I have officially started my Christmas shopping today. Yup three whole gifts are officially ticked off my half written list.

Oh OK so my achievement is kinda like a pimple on an elephant's butt compared to how organised many of you are, but hey, it's a start... and I do apologise if you now have nightmares about a pimply mammoth's bum.

I spoke to someone today that is done and dusted with her Christmas shopping. Already! Mid October and all her gifts are purchased and wrapped and she's now up to planning the Christmas menu and is debating between turkey or crab.

Holy Christmas nuts! How can anyone possibly be THAT organised.

I headed into town today to the Myer store on George Street to check out their fantabulous Christmas Giftorium. It's like being in Santa's offshore workshop with every possible gift imaginable on display to solve your gift dilemmas for even the fussiest of family members including; Glamour Gran & Perfect PopTrendy Young ThingsTechno Freaks, Food Fanatics and even Paws Corner for our fur babies, and loads more.

This year at Myer, you can even make an appointment to meet with Santa, so no more long lines and cranky kids. 


I was stoked to see so many of the good old fashioned kids toys are back in fashion. Games, and DIY & craft stuff and magic kits.

It was also an awesome chance to catch up with some gorgeous bloggy pals, some of who I have the pleasure of knowing already and others who I was thrilled to meet in person for the first time.




You know what I seriously love about bloggers? There is none of this getting to know you crap  that you normally get when you meet someone for the first time. You feel like you know each other already, which you kind of do, especially if you have done your stalking properly.

But all jokes aside, get yourself along to the Grand Opening of your local Myer Giftorium and nail your Christmas shopping.


Oh by the way, in case you are wondering what the hell the relevance is of the succulence in my post header... there isn't any.

My 9 year old son has recently discovered the joy of photography and he asked if he could become my official blog photographer. I said "perhaps we'll work our way up to that" but in the meantime he made me promise I would share one of his photos with you - so consider it shared my little dude!

Have an awesome weekend you guys. I am planning on catching up on some serious zzzzs after one crazy work week.

Later lovelies!

Have you started or even completed your Christmas Shopping yet?
What would you choose - Turkey or Crab? 




Link up your favourite post from the past week and then if you get a chance, pop around and say hello to some of the other lovely linkers. The Weekend Rewind blog hopping party starts every Friday night at 8pm and links will close on Sunday night at midnight. Link up here or over on Bron's blog (Maxabella)Sonia's blog (Sonia Styling) or Kelly's at A Life Less Frantic
It does not matter where you link as your link will show up in all 4 places.