Could it All be In The Stars and Numbers... | Life Love and Hiccups: Could it All be In The Stars and Numbers...
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Monday 27 October 2014

Could it All be In The Stars and Numbers...

Pin It

I think I have mentioned before... like at least a gazillion times, that I am the type of person who is open to pretty much anything when it comes to religion, ghosts, psychics, power of the mind and universal spirituality. I mean hey... I have to be, considering I was *ahem* once an ancient Celtic healing witch or something like that.

Whilst we choose to send our kids to a religious school, we do so not because we believe that that particular religion is the be all and end all. No, we chose it for the small community and to give our boys some kind of foundation to form their own beliefs, as they mature.

I am not locked into any particular religion myself.  I'm personally drawn to a number of different religions and beliefs for varying reasons, most of which revolve around love and respect.

Over the years I have devoured books on Christianity, Paganism, Buddhism, physiology and even recently I have been reading more about Islam to try and have a greater understanding of their beliefs. So I guess you could say I am fascinated by all of them and to be honest, I like to cherry pick the most peaceful and meaningful parts of all the different religions and then apply those principles to how I choose to live my own life and guide our children.

Now whilst they aren't technically religions as such - astrology, numerology, psychics and clairvoyants and all that mystical kind of stuff, fascinates the bejeezus out of me as well.

I can't remember if I told you this, but recently some girlfriends of mine invited a psychic to our house, someone none of us had ever met before, and as soon as she walked in the door she said to me "Your deceased father in law is here you know. He says you don't have a single photo of him up anywhere and he wants you to fix that."

Ahhhh yep, and she would be correct on that. There were no photos up of my Father in Law, who had lived with us in this house until he passed away. But there sure as hell is a photo or two now!

Spooky? Yes, but then I love that kind of stuff. It intrigues me to no end.

A couple of years ago I had a psychic tell me among other things, that I would leave my corporate job and work for myself doing something that will help other people. Of course at the time I was earning a good wicket in my fancy pants corporate job and I was all "Pfft! Yeah not likely I'll ever leave this job".

Sure enough a year later, on a 2am whim, I quit that very same corporate job that I was so attached to and went into business for myself helping other businesses with their Social Media Strategy and Brand Development.

Coincidence? mmmmm maybe.

A few months back one of my best friend's Aunt offered to do a numerology reading for me.

To be honest, I was kinda freaked out a little by this idea as it is one thing to have someone tell you stuff about your future, but I wasn't so sure how I felt about having my future actually mapped out on paper. But after I was assured that you can control your own destiny and that this is merely a guide, I accepted the generous offer and waited with baited breath.

What arrived a few weeks later in the mail was pages and pages of beautifully, painstakingly, hand written notes in which Jude had outlined everything about me and my personality, past events and my future. I sat for a good hour and devoured it all, marvelling at how spookily accurate she was with the past and the present, and how exciting the future read.

Jude pinpointed issues that would arise in coming months with my health, contracts that would be signed and opportunities that would present themselves that ... holy shitballs ... have actually happened.

It's not for everyone numerology and psychics and all that kind of stuff, and totally each to their own on that. But at the end of the day, I do believe that each of us holds the power to create our own destiny and change course when things go awry. But all that said, I love to believe that there is something far greater than us out there, something religious, spiritual, universal, whatever... I just find it comforting to know that there is so much more than we can ever hope to discover in this lifetime... that when we die, after all of this, well it doesn't just stop there.

You know what I mean?

Have I completely freaked you out?
Do you believe in this kind of stuff or is it not for you?
Have you ever had your numbers done or seen a psychic?

If anyone would like your numbers read by Jude, let me know in the comments and I will put you in touch with her as she does it all via mail. She is good, very very good. I can totally vouch for that! 




Join Us For Dinner At My Place and WinWin A Kip & Co Queen Size Quilt Set From AdairsTugging At The LeashUsing PicMonkey To Improve Your ImagesThe Great Paint DebateI Sorta Kinda LiedHalloween Party At My PlaceWeekend Rewind - Don't Be Shy!Win 2 Stunning Love Bands From Uberkate