Separation Anxiety - How We Deal With It | Life Love and Hiccups: Separation Anxiety - How We Deal With It
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Thursday 4 September 2014

Separation Anxiety - How We Deal With It

Pin It

I have been asked a few times over the past week, especially whilst I was at ProBlogger about how I cope with being separated from my kids.

Let's face it - I don't cope well. I'm a suck, a wuss, a big old cry baby when it comes to being away from my tribe. I was the kid that always wanted to go home from sleepovers because I was homesick and so is it really any wonder I have managed to raise a trio who also suffer from separation anxiety to varying degrees?

Let's just say it's not going onto my parenting wins scoreboard.

I am often seen twisting my bangle or overheard saying "Rainbow connect" to my little guys over the phone as I touch my heart, and so I totally understand why people would be curious and wondering what the hell I am doing.

Basically 'Rainbow Connect' and 'Buddy Bangles' are tools my family uses to help us with any separation anxiety issues we suffer from, and honestly I cannot even begin to tell you what a difference these simple little things have made for us.

I am by no means an expert on this, nor do I have a psychology degree stashed in my back pocket. I am just a mum who muddles my way through the various issues we face time to time as a family and these weird little things that we do? Well they just work for us and they might just work for you too.

But rather than go through it all again in this post... because yes I am feeling particularly slow this week, I thought I would share the links to the posts I wrote earlier.

I hope it helps you with your tribe if ever you are faced with separation of any kind - school, holidays, broken families, anything at all.






Do you guys have any techniques that help you with separation anxiety that could be helpful to us?