Welcome To The Family | Life Love and Hiccups: Welcome To The Family
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Welcome To The Family

Pin It


We have a new member of our family. Lenny meet everyone, everyone meet Lenny.

Lenny is a Rainbow Lorrikeet, apparently a baby one and most definitely a very cute one.
When we were driving home from Palm Beach after dinner last week I spotted Lenny sitting in the middle of the road. I stopped the car and held up traffic as he refused to budge off the road.

When I opened the car door I was surprised to find he didn't fly off, he just sat there and looked at me with this gorgeous little head tilting gesture that he does. Keen to get off the road myself before an impatient 4WD made me toast and convinced that this little dude must have been injured, I scooped him up, handed him to a very surprised hubby and drove home.

It turns out that Lenny is a runner which means he has no tail feathers and cant fly. They would most likely have been his final moments on earth had we not picked him up that night. He would surely have been roadkill, or dinner for some peckish prey.


The "can we keep him?" started within minutes and the kids had already named him by the time we got home. Lenny the Lorrikeet had won our hearts - no contest!



When we found ourselves at the Pet Store the next day buying him his very own Taj Mahal, the decision was pretty much made. Lenny was officially the newest member of this crazy clan.


He doesn't bite and I am guessing he is just too young to know any better. He is rather fond of a bit of a snuggle and a smooch and during the day he sits in my office with me whilst I work and is free to roam in and out of his cage. He is sitting on my head as I type this post and interrupts me every now and then by poking his face over my forehead and looking down at me.

Attention seeking already. He is really going to fit in around here.

Have you ever unexpectantly adopted a pet?
Can anyone tell me how I know if Lenny is a he or a she he?

*** Sonya Nicole and Amanda at Home - I am still waiting for you to claim your prizes. If I have not been contacted by Friday 14/12/12 7pm I will have to redraw I'm sorry.