Goodbye 2012 - Thanks for the Memories | Life Love and Hiccups: Goodbye 2012 - Thanks for the Memories
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Monday 31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012 - Thanks for the Memories

Pin It

It's funny how when I look back at the year that was, only the good things that happened come to the front of my mind. I am well aware of the fact there was some crappola thrown into the mix in those 12 months but those just aren't the memories that are shoving and elbowing their way to the front of the queue.

It could be a selective memory in play, or it could be my subconsciousness protecting me from certain moments that caused some level of pain or anguish. Those memories are there, but in the background and not really important in the bigger picture.

Either way, it is a reminder that those memories, any memories, are a gift, a souvenir from the year that was and a reminder that life with all its ups and downs will eventually find its own balance. The ups are the Yin and must be balanced out by the downs of the Yang. Both polarities are necessary for one to truly appreciate life in all its wonder.

I wanted to do a recap of this year and as I poured through the photos I couldn't choose between all the special moments that came flooding back to me.

So I didn't choose. I just bundled a whole stack of them  up and put them into one clip.

From my family to yours, may your 2013 be filled with love, laughter and hope. May your Yin and your Yang blend together effortlessly and may all you ever dreamed of become your reality.


See you next year.