Wonderful Weekends - A new Office and a Date with my Squidgins | Life Love and Hiccups: Wonderful Weekends - A new Office and a Date with my Squidgins
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Monday 28 November 2011

Wonderful Weekends - A new Office and a Date with my Squidgins

Pin It


Welcome to the first of the Wonderful Weekends Blog Hop that takes place here every Monday.

Please feel free to link up a post about whatever Wonderful Things you got up to this past weekend. It could be about a day out with your family and friends, a great place to visit, perhaps a meal you whipped up, a home or garden reno or some fabulous craft project you worked on. Whatever it is - it goes!

So what wonderful things did we get up to around here this past weekend?

We have been very busy around here these past few days.

As you may know I work from home full time so I spend a large chunk of my day sitting in my home office. It was kind of a depressing space though as it was a real hodge podge of furniture and it seriously lacked any style. Not a very inspiring place to work.

So for ages I have dreamt about making over my home office, and finally we actually got around to doing it.

Here is the before shot of what my office space looked like. Unfortunately I have lost the photos of before we emptied it out?? But trust me, it was not at all stylish.

 

Add some Dulux Accord Grey paint, Some new furniture from Officeworks and Ikea and a fabric covered pin board by yours truly and wallah - an inspiring new place for me to work in.






I still have small touches to do, like labels on the baskets and some more art work for above the shelves, but the majority of the work is done.

I have one helluva swollen thumb from the damn Allan key which was needed to put together all the furniture, but hey I totally rocked those flat pack instructions. I had it all done before my hubby got home from work!

That wasn't the only thing we got up to around here on the weekend.....

My hubby had a surfing competition on so I thought it was the perfect time to take my munchkins on a date with the old mum.

We hit the movies to see Arthur's Christmas which was sooo cute. I heart a good Christmas movie and this one ticked all the boxes.





Can you see the resemblance???


We then hit up our favourite Pizza restaurant Cantina, for some dinner before heading home to you guessed it, watch some more Christmas movies.

The kids got there letters to Santa finished of and ready to post.

 
Add to all this activity a couple of birthday parties and Karate and it was one busy weekend.

So tell me - what Wonderful things did you get up to this weekend?

If you have a blog, I would love you to link up your Wonderful Weekend Post so we can all have a sticky beak and enjoy.


How to join in and Link up
  1. Follow Life Love and Hiccups cause I would totally love you to join the family :)
  2. Grab the Wonderful Weekends button and post it in your sidebar or in your Wonderful Weekends post.
  3. Add your post url to the linky thingy (totally a technical term) in the Wonderful Weekends Post which will be live every Monday on Life Love and Hiccups.
  4. For every one to get the most out of this Blog Hop, please remember to visit the other members. Enjoy and be inspired by their posts and share the comment love.