Life IS better with Friends | Life Love and Hiccups: Life IS better with Friends
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Friday 23 September 2011

Life IS better with Friends

Pin It

Last night I had the most fantastic night out to dinner with some of THE MOST FABULOUS girlies I know. 

Every day I thank my boys for this gift they gave me - their friend's mums.

Now don't get me wrong, I still cherish with all my heart all my gorgeous friends I had and still have before my munchkins came along. But I was lucky enough that through my kids, I met a some really awesome woman that are now amongst my very bestest friends. And whilst we don't have that history that you have with friends you have known forever, these special friends help to paint your future. 

The friendship with these beautiful woman is based upon support and understanding. 
Our kids are the same age and share the same interests. We work together volunteering at school, we sit on the sidelines of sports games together, we share pick ups and drop offs, we laugh and cry together and usually we are going through the same hormonal age specific issues with our kids around the same time. So through all of this - we just 'GET' each other.

Last night I was super keen to get out that front door. The kids were cranky and tired with that end of school term weariness that just possesses them. Hubby was harassed and exhausted after a long day at work. Before I could let the guilt at leaving them all in this state get the better of me and have second thoughts about heading out, I pretended I could hear the car of one of my friends arrive out the front to pick me up. 

I know I know "Liar Liar pants are on Fire", but I just so didn't want to start my night out on a stressy note (I don't know that there is such a word as 'stressy' but meh!). So I sat out the front in my garden, clutching my treasured bottle of Organic wine and enjoyed the quietness of the night all to myself for just a moment. 
Ok it was more like 10 minutes than a moment, but who is really counting apart from my conscience?

My girlfriends arrived to get me and so the night of eating, drinking and endless laughing began.

Life IS truly better with friends.
xxx Sonia


I escaped to the front garden 10 minutes before pickup - excited much?
Me & and the gorgeous Marisa


Beautiful Vera & Virginia - these girls have the most fabulous smiles

Mandy & Lucy - These lovely ladies seriously crack me up!


Me again, Cath & Vera


hmmmm me thinks they're up to trouble


Me and the hilarious Cath, giving some loving to our Coping Cordial


Liz, Marisa, me and Mandy - it so took us ages to get a photo where all our eyes were open


Come on Vera - do you really think you are invisible when you put on your magic napkin?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog via A Baby Called Max...so true our gfs are our salvation!!

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Thanks for popping over to say hi Jen. Great Girlfriends are absolutely priceless. Don't you just love A Baby called Max! I so heart that Blog! xxx Sonia

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

10 minutes, I get it! I once drove to a town 30 minutes away and went to a late movie and didn't come home until midnight. FREEEEDOM. :)

Also, I'm your newest follower. :-)

Life Love and Hiccups said...

@Bargain Babe - I am so glad someone understands me. In our house we fight over who has to 'duck' out for some milk or eggs, knowing that ducking out buys you a minimum of 30 minutes alone time :) Thanks for dropping by - I am so glad you found me as you sound like a girl after my own heart and I am sure I can get some freedome tips from you. xxx Sonia

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me and I love reading every single one. If I dont reply straight away, it is only because I am being distracted by a herd of rampaging hippos...namely my kids. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.