I'm not on the phone! I'm just IGNORING you! | Life Love and Hiccups: I'm not on the phone! I'm just IGNORING you!
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Thursday 8 September 2011

I'm not on the phone! I'm just IGNORING you!

Pin It
I'm not texting badge by shoppingvarietyco.uk
My life is a calamity of embarrassing moments. Most of them are completely self inflicted so I have no one to blame but myself. 

Recently I was caught out in a situation that I should soooo not have been in.

I was enjoying myself browsing in one of my favourite shops, smelling the candles, and mentally plotting how I could justify to my hubby how this gorgeous Glasshouse Diffuser, just HAD to have a place in our entry way.... anyway I am digressing (a bad habit of mine you'll soon see).
Mid smell, I spotted an old high school music teacher of mine enter the shop. I have bumped into her before and this woman can talk! I really was not in the frame of mind for a lengthy conversation, so I did the first thing that came to mind. I grabbed my trusty i phone and pretended to chat away.

All was going well with my lovely imaginary conversation and it looked like I had avoided the situation, so I headed to the counter to pay for my chosen diffuser. I was waiting in line (still chatting) when disaster struck..... My phone rang in my ear.... loud and clear .... for everyone to see and hear. By everyone I mean the 2 very confused sales assistants, a bemused fellow customer AND my old high school music teacher.

What happened next is a bit of a blur. I vaguely recall muttering something about how my conversation must have dropped out whilst I was talking and my friend was calling me back blah blah blah...and some other mumbo jumbo I was sprouting of with.
Embarrassed, humiliated and somewhat humbled by my experience, I quietly put the diffuser back on the shelf, gathered the shattered remnants of my ego and exited the shop.

Later that night I shared this story with my friends on Facebook and now I must endure the same thing every time I bump into a friend and I just happen to be on the phone (really I am). They look at me and kind of smile / smirk as if to say (and some actually do say) "are you REALLY on the phone or just ignoring me"? A fitting punishment I say!

Next time I'll make sure I turn the phone to silent. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me and I love reading every single one. If I dont reply straight away, it is only because I am being distracted by a herd of rampaging hippos...namely my kids. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.