OK OK I am not American, but ommmmmm as in Mom, looked better than ommmmmm as in Mum. LOL anyway that's just my theory behind my thinking.
As parents, how hard is it in any given day to just take some time out for yourself to relax? It's too bloody hard if you ask me between work, family kids, school, life!! And I must add that I am blessed with a wonderfully supportive hubby who does more than his fair share of things. But the reality is, we really dedicate such little time to ourselves. So I have challenged myself (and before you think I am completely selfish, my hubby has been instructed to do this for himself too) to come up with my Top 10 Favourite ways I can relax and for the next month I am going to focus on doing at least one thing every week just for me. (online shopping not included of course ;)
Sound good? Well I encourage you all to make your own lists and join me in the Ommmmmm Mom Challenge.
My Ommmmmm List
1. Coffee, lunch or even better dinner with my favourite girlies.
*Please note hubby - 3 coffee dates = 1 dinner. :)
2. A nice hot bath with candles and a good book or mag and NO KIDS allowed!!
3. A walk on the beach with my trusty old ipod / iphone.
4. Unadulterated retail therapy at an actual shopping centre not a virtual one.
5. Lying next to the pool with a glass of my fave organic wine and housie mags.
6. An evening with my hubby with no electrical appliances to disturb us.
*Note - battery operated ones are permitted. LMAO
7. One hour of interrupted time to do a painting or finish a non business related artwork.
8. Get a manicure or if time permits a facial or massage too.
9. Meditate with some candles burning, cooling eye mask and a relaxation CD quietly playing in the background. (I have never actually tried this but it sounds fabulous).
10. Sit in one of my favourite cafes by myself with a great book and steady flow of coffee.
hmmmm sounds divine doesn't it? So what are you waiting for? Get cracking with your lists and share them if possible as you may come up with something that sounds marvellously irresistible to someone else too, and after all - sharing is caring!